notable deaths in MAY 2021

This is a list of recent notable deaths in May 2021.

The following deaths of notable and famous people occurred in May 2021. Death list of celebrities, athletes, politicians and other famous peoples who died in May 2021. Huge list of all important deaths organized by day. Names are reported under the date of death. New deaths articles are added to their respective date in May 2021.

A typical entry reports in the list of Recent notable Deaths in May 2021 contains the following information:

Name, age, country of citizenship, what subject was noted for, cause of death, and reference. dummy text

   May 1, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Olympia Dukakis, 89

 Olympia Dukakis, 

 the Oscar-winning actress 

 who starred in 'Moonstruck', 

has died at the age of 89. 

(June 20, 1931 – May 1, 2021)


Olympia Dukakis, a character actress, director, producer, teacher, and activist who received an Academy Award for her portrayal of a mother in the film "Moonstruck," died at the age of 89 at her home in Manhattan following a period of ill health under hospice care. Her brother Apollo announced her death on social media.


She was a theater veteran who became famous in the film later in her career. The cause of death has not yet been announced.


Dukakis won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role as the mother of a young widow played by Cher in the romantic comedy "Moonstruck" (1987). Dukakis was also nominated for a Golden Globe and a BAFTA. The actress has also honored for her performance in the 1989 film "Steel Magnolias," which starred Julia Roberts, Shirley MacLaine, Sally Field, and Daryl Hannah.


Until 1988, the surname Dukakis was associated with her Oscar, as well as her cousin Michael Dukakis, who was elected to the Democratic presidential nomination. "OK, Michael, let's go," Dukakis said as he spoke at the award ceremony, raising a statuette. While Michael Dukakis lost the election to George H.W. Bush, she and her cousin remained politically engaged.


Dukakis appeared in over 130 stage plays, 60 films, and 50 television shows during his career. She started her acting career in the theatre before moving on to becoming a well-known film actress. She received an Obie Award for Best Actress in 1963 for her off-Broadway role in 'Man Equals Man,' a play by German modernist playwright Bertolt Brecht, not long after she arrived in New York City (originally offered by The Village Voice newspaper to theatre artists and groups in New York City).


She was nominated for another Golden Globe for the CBS biographical drama miniseries "Sinatra"(1992), stars Philip Casnoff, Joe Santos, Gina Gershon, Nina Siemaszko, and Bob Gunton, as well as Emmy nominations for "Lucky Day"(1991), "More Tales of the City"(1998) sequel to the controversial PBS mini-series, and epic historical drama film directed by Luc Besson "Joan of Arc" (1999). Olympia, a feature-length documentary about her life directed by Harry Mavromichalis, was released theatrically in the United States in 2020.


Dukakis' Oscar statuette was stolen from her New Jersey home in 1989.


Cause of death: unknown.

Joseph W. Hatchett, 88

 Joseph Woodrow Hatchett, 

 the first Black Florida 

 Supreme Court Justice, 

 died at 88 in Tallahassee. 

(September 17, 1932 – May 1, 2021)


Former Florida Supreme Court Justice Joseph Woodrow Hatchett died of natural causes in Tallahassee, according to a social media statement by Florida Supreme Court spokesperson Craig Waters. Hatchett, who served as Florida's 65th justice after statehood in 1845, was 88 years old.


Because of Jim Crow rules, a young Joseph W. Hatchett did not stay in the Miami hotel where the Florida Bar exam was administered in 1960. Hatchett would become the first African American to serve on the Florida Supreme Court in less than a decade. Hatchett earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Florida in 1954.


From 1954 to 1956, he was a lieutenant in the United States Army. In 1959, he received his Juris Doctor from Howard University School of Law (also known as Howard Law or HUSL). From 1959 to 1966, Hatchett worked as a private attorney in Daytona Beach. From 1977 to 1988, he was a lieutenant colonel and judge advocate in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.


From 1963 to 1966, he worked as a contractor for the Daytona Beach Urban Renewal Department. From 1966 to 1971, he worked as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Middle District of Florida. From 1967 to 1971, he served as the First Assistant United States Attorney. From 1967 to 1968, he worked for the US Department of Justice as a special hearing officer for conscientious objectors.


Governor Reubin Askew voted Hatchett to Florida's supreme court in 1975. President Jimmy Carter appointed him to the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1979, where, according to the Florida Supreme Court, “At the moment, he was the first African American to serve on a federal circuit that included the Deep South.”


Hatchett embarked on a new challenge twenty years later, after retiring in 1999, when he teamed up with the NAACP to campaign for the preservation of statewide preference services for minorities and women in Florida. He joined the law firm Akerman LLP ( a law firm based in Miami, Florida that was founded in 1920) in Tallahassee, Florida, in April 2018.


Cause of death: natural causes.


   May 2, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Eric McClure, 42

 Former NASCAR driver 

 and team owner Eric McClure 

 has died aged 42. 

(December 11, 1978 – May 2, 2021)


Eric McClure, a former American NASCAR driver and team owner who made almost 300 starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, died at the age of 42, according to his family. The cause of Eric's death is yet to be determined.


McClure was a graduate of Emory and Henry College and was born in Chilhowie, Virginia. He had seven daughters and was dating. From 2003 to 2016, McClure competed in NASCAR. In 2003, he made his Busch Series debut at Rockingham Speedway. The Xfinity Series, NASCAR's second-tier, was where he made the majority of his starts.


He competed in 288 races over 14 seasons, with his only top-10 finish coming in the season-opening race at Daytona in 2013. McClure paired up with Davis Motorsports for a 32-race series for the 2007 season. McClure finished eighth in the race a year after placing 16th in the points standings, which was a career-high. Larry has been a co-owner of Morgan-McClure Motorsports with Tim Morgan since July 2015, and the team played in the Cup Series full-time from 1983 to 2007.


Fourteen races were won by the No. 4 Morgan-McClure car, including three Daytona 500s. When racing with the club, Ernie Irvan won the 1991 Daytona 500, and Sterling Marlin won back-to-back Daytona 500s in 1994 and 1995. McClure's final NASCAR event was in the Xfinity Series race at Daytona in 2016, where he drove the No. 0 Chevrolet Camaro for JD Motorsports.


McClure's house in Abingdon, Virginia, was severely damaged by a tornado on April 27, 2011. McClure and his family, on the other hand, waited out the hurricane in their basement and were unharmed.


McClure was investigated for domestic violence in 2018 after one of his daughters reported him to the police; Miranda said Eric choked and beat her in front of their children. After a long appeals process, McClure was found guilty of misdemeanor domestic assault and pleaded no contest.

Cause of death: unknown.

Frank Costa, 83

 Former Geelong president, 

 entrepreneur, and philanthropist 

 Frank Costa, has died of cancer 

 aged 83. 

(2 February 1938 – 2 May 2021) 


Former Geelong president, entrepreneur, and philanthropist Frank Costa (Frank Aloysius Costa) has died of cancer, according to his family and the Geelong Football Club. He was 83. The only person to be called an AFL legend without ever having played for the Cats has passed away peacefully.


Costa took over as president of Geelong in 1998, when the AFL club was in deep financial difficulty, and oversaw a massive rebuild that resulted in one of the club's most profitable periods. Costa led the Cats to two championships in 2007 and 2009, and a third in 2011, the year he turned the reigns over to Colin Carter. The Cats went from being a financially troubled team to a dynasty that snapped a 44-year slump by winning the AFL premierships in 2007, 2009, and 2011.


Costa was admired at the Cats for his selfless attitude, which aided the club's cultural transformation into one of the most well-respected organizations in the AFL for most of this century. He was also approachable, down to earth, and had close links to supporters, players, coaches, executives, and the AFL's upper echelons.


Mr. Costa and his brother Adrian, a giant figure in Victoria's second-largest region, took over the family fruit and vegetable business in 1958 and grew Costa Group into a billion-dollar corporation. Costa was the driving force behind the Costa Group's transformation into Australia's biggest fruit and vegetable wholesaler since taking over the family business with his brother at the age of 21.


The Financial Review Rich List valued his net worth at $802 million in 2020. But the father of eight is perhaps better known for leading the Geelong Cats as president from 1998 to 2010. It would be difficult to write the club's biography without including Frank at the center over the last two decades. Costa willed a fractured club to become the club we know today.


In 1997, Costa received the Order of Australia Medal for his contributions to youth and the environment. He was made an Officer of the Order of Australia in 2015. For his contributions to Australian society, he was awarded the Governor-Centenary General's Medal in 2003. Mr. Costa was officially inducted into the club's legends, becoming the 26th male and the first non-player to do so.

Cause of death: cancer.

   May 3, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Steve McKean, 77

 Legendary American-born 

 New Zealand basketball 

 coach Steve McKean died 

 of cancer aged 77. 

(1943/1944 – 3 May 2021)  


Steve McKean, a San Jose State University alum who was a pioneering professional basketball player in New Zealand and later coached the New Zealand men's team, died in New Plymouth, New Zealand, after a brief struggle with cancer, according to his family. He was 77 years old.


McKean was the Tall Blacks' coach from 1972 to 1981, and in 1978, he led the team to their first-ever victory over Australia. After arrival in New Zealand from the United States over 50 years ago, he began his basketball career with the Auckland Club, Panmure.


He coached in the NBL for nine years, and during that period he was the coach of the NBL's first team to win 100 games. McKean spent his senior year at San Jose State with Coby Dietrick, who went on to play in the ABA and NBA. Soon after, he arrived in New Zealand to join the Coca-Cola Club and then the Panmure Club in Auckland, becoming one of the first waves of American professionals in the country.


In 2012, he was awarded the New Zealand Order of Merit for his contributions to sport, and in 2016, he was recognized by the broader sporting community with the New Zealand Sport and Recreation Awards' Lifetime Achievement Award.


Cause of death: cancer.

   May 4, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Nick Kamen, 59

 Nick Kamen, 

 Levi's laundromat model, singer, 

 and songwriter died of bone marrow 

 cancer at the age of 59. 

(15 April 1962 – 4 May 2021)


Nick Kamen (born Ivor Neville Kamen), an English model and singer ("I Promised Myself"), died at his London home at the age of 59 after a long struggle with bone marrow cancer, according to a family friend on social media.


The Essex native shot to fame after appearing in a denim advert in which he arrived at a launderette and stripped down to his boxer briefs in front of many women. The commercial, which featured Marvin Gaye's I Heard It Through The Grapevine as the soundtrack, helped to increase the company's denim sales while also making him a sex symbol.


The next year, he had a top-five hit with Each Time You Break My Heart, which he co-wrote with Madonna. Patrick Leonard, another regular Madonna collaborator, recorded Kamen's second album Us (1988).


Madonna sang backup vocals on the song "Tell Me" for the second time, this time without contributing to the songwriting or recording. The album was a huge success in Italy in the summer of 1988, spending nine weeks at the top of the charts.


With 1988's Tell Me, he topped the charts in Italy once more, with Madonna providing backing vocals, and with 1990's I Promised Myself, he topped the charts in Austria and Sweden. Dead or Alive covered Kamen's song on their Fragile album in 2000, and Swedish DJ Basshunter covered it again in 2009.

Cause of death: bone marrow cancer.

Ray Miller, 76

 Ray Miller, the former manager 

 of the Baltimore Orioles and 

 a long-time major league pitching 

 coach, died at the age of 76. 

(April 30, 1945 – May 4, 2021)


Raymond Roger Miller, a former major league pitching coach who worked for the Orioles, Twins, and Pirates, as well as the manager of the Baltimore Orioles after Cal Ripken Jr., opted to break his Major League record straight games, played streak in 1998, died at the age of 76, according to his family and the Baltimore Orioles.


Miller, a native of Takoma Park, Maryland, and a lifelong resident of Athens, Ohio, pitched in the Giants, Indians, and Orioles farm systems from 1964 to 1973, but he never made it to the big leagues.


In 1974, he moved into the coaching ranks, serving in the Orioles organization until 1977, then briefly as the Rangers' pitching coach before returning to Baltimore in 1978. By the mid-'80s, Miller's popularity in Baltimore had made him a famous managerial prospect, and he took over for Billy Gardner in Minnesota in 1985, going 108-130 in parts of 2 seasons before being replaced by Jay Thomas Kelly. Miller, Jay Thomas Kelly ( who currently serves as a special assistant to the general manager for the Twins.)


Miller, who was inducted into the Orioles Hall of Fame in 2010, coached multiple generations of Oriole pitchers during three stints as pitching coach, from 1978 to 1985, 1997, and 2004-05. In 1998, he took over as manager from Davey Johnson, compiling a 157-167 record in two seasons in Baltimore.


From 1985 to 1986, Miller was the Twins' manager, and from 1987 to 1996, he was the Pirates' pitching coach. His popularity as a pitching coach rose, and in mid-year 1985, he was elected manager of the Minnesota Twins.


The Twins were 20 games under.500 at the time, but under Miller, they were 50-50. With a 59-80 record at the end of the 1986 season, Ray Miller was relieved of his duties. Ripken came into Miller's office on Sept. 20, 1998, to declare that his 2,632-game run was coming to an end. Miller then named rookie Ryan Minor to take Ripken's spot at the third base later that night.


Cause of death: unknown.

Paulo Gustavo, 42

 Famous Brazilian actor 

 and comedian Paulo Gustavo 

 died of COVID-19 at the age of 42. 

(30 October 1978 – 4 May 2021)


Paulo Gustavo, a Brazilian actor, comedian, producer, screenwriter, and presenter, died in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, of COVID-19, according to his family. He was just 42 years - old


“Paulo Gustavo did not pass on as a result of Covid-19, Paulo Gustavo passed away because of bad Brazilian politics. '' This is one of the thousands of messages that have been circulated on social media since the 42-year-old comedian died on 4 May 2021, leaving behind her wife, Thales Bretas, and two children aged one year and nine months.


He had been admitted to a hospital in Rio de Janeiro since March 13 to combat the outbreak, and he became one of the country's more than 411,000 pandemic fatalities, killed by "a disease for which there is already a cure," as he did not. ceased to remind fans of the singer. The death of Paulo Gustavo, an actor, and comedian who created legendary characters like Dona Hermnia and was loved by people from both sides of the political spectrum, catalyzed the mutual grief and hatred of the loss of nearly half a million Brazilians.


The most common assessment is that at least some of the deaths may have been avoided if the Federal Government, led by Jair Bolsonaro, had taken the requisite pandemic-management steps, such as the huge vaccine purchase last year. The country's favorite comedian died on the same day that former Health Minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta testified in the covid-19 CPI's opening testimonies about Bolsonaro's denialist stance amid the country's worst health crisis in a century.


Paulo Gustavo is best known for his play Minha Me é uma Peça, which was adapted into a feature film in 2013. It became Brazil's most-watched video of the year, and the publisher Objetiva released it as a book in 2015. Minha Me é uma Peça 2 came out in 2016, and Minha Me é uma Peça 3 came out in 2019. Paulo


Gustavo graduated from the Casa das Artes de Laranjeiras (CAL) in early 2005, alongside Fábio Porchat and Marcus Majella, and was nominated for the Shell Award for Best Actor.


Cause of death: complications from COVID-19.

   May 5, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Lucinda Franks, 74

 Lucinda Franks, 

 a Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, 

 and author died of cancer at the age of 74. 

(July 16, 1946 – May 5, 2021)


Lucinda Franks, a Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, and author who worked for The New Yorker, The New York Times, and The Atlantic, died of cancer in Hopewell Junction, New York, according to her family. Robert Morgenthau's widow, lived in Dutchess County. Robert Morgenthau, who served as Manhattan's district attorney for 35 years and died 10 days before his 100th birthday in July 2019, was the city's longest-serving prosecutor. From 1977 until his death, they were married and had two children together.


The first woman to receive a Pulitzer Prize for national news was Lucinda Franks. Ms. Franks started her career as a gritty and scrappy writer with an eye for the big story at United Press International, where she received the Pulitzer Prize in 1971. From 1974 to 1977, she worked as a staff writer for The New York Times, and from 1992 to 2006, she freelanced for The New York Times Journal, The Atlantic, New York magazine, and other magazines.


She published several novels, including “My Father's Secret War: A Memoir” (2007), about her father's covert adventures as an American agent behind enemy lines during World War II, and “Timeless: Love, Morgenthau, and Me” (2014), an account of her marriage to Mr. Morgenthau, which detailed how their age, history, and profession had blossomed into romance despite their differences. She was also a professor of investigative journalism at Yale, Princeton, and Vassar.


The story of a Vietnam War deserter is told in Franks' first novel, Waiting Out a War: The Exile of Private John Picciano (1971). Franks' next novel, Wild Apples, was published in 1991 by Random House. She also freelanced for magazines such as New York, The New York Times Magazine, and The Atlantic.


Hillary Clinton discussed her "enormous suffering, enormous indignation" over President Bill Clinton's infidelities in an essay dubbed "The Intimate Hillary" for the inaugural issue of Talk magazine in 1999.


She helped to track down and write on high-profile stories, such as a Michigan custody dispute in which birth parents sought to reclaim custody of a three-year-old child they had given up for adoption; Franks' New Yorker account was adapted into the 1993 television film Whose Child Is This? The War for Baby Jessica. Ms. Franks has a reputation for spotting some of the most topical issues of the day as a writer.


Cause of death: cancer.

Del Crandall, 91

 Del Crandall, a star catcher who was 

 a member of two World Series-winning 

 Milwaukee Braves teams in the 1950s, died of   Parkinson's disease  at the age of 91. 

(March 5, 1930 – May 5, 2021)


Delmar Wesley Crandall, a star catcher who managed the Milwaukee Brewers and Seattle Mariners after playing on two World Series-winning Milwaukee Braves teams in the 1950s, died of Parkinson's disease at the age of 91, according to his family.

Crandall was born in Ontario, California, on March 5, 1930, and raised in Fullerton, where his parents, Richard and Nancy, worked in the citrus industry. In 1948, he was signed by the Braves after graduating from high school. In the 1950s and 1960s, Crandall was one of the finest defensive catchers in the league.


He was a part of the Braves' 1957 World Series-winning team as well as the 1958 World Series-losing team. In one of those games, he hit a home run against the New York Yankees. He tied for the league lead in assists six times, led the league in fielding percentage four times, and led the league in putouts three times. Crandall was the only surviving member of the Boston Braves' roster.


During the 1959, 1960, and 1962 seasons, he appeared in one of the two All-Star Games. Crandall was a member of the Boston Braves (1949-1950), Milwaukee Braves (1953-1963), San Francisco Giants (1964), Pittsburgh Pirates (1965), and Cleveland Indians (1966). 


Due to military service, he did not play in 1951-52. He batted.254 in his career, with 179 home runs and 657 RBIs. In five seasons, he led the National League in fielding percentage four times and struck out the most possible base stealers of any catcher. He also served as the catcher for two of the Braves' best pitchers, Warren Spahn and Lew Burdette. Crandall managed the Brewers from 1972 to 1975 and the Mariners from 1983 to 1984 after retiring from baseball. With Milwaukee, he went 271-338, and with Seattle, he went 93-131.


He worked as a special catching coach for the Dodgers well into his 60s. Crandall also served as a radio announcer for the Chicago White Sox from 1985 to 1988 and the Milwaukee Brewers from 1992 to 1994.

Cause of death: Parkinson's disease.

   May 6, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Christophe Revault, 49

 Former PSG and Toulouse 

 goalkeeper Christophe Revault 

 passes away aged 49. 

(22 March 1972 – 6 May 2021)


Christophe Revault, a 49-year-old former goalkeeper for PSG, Rennes, Toulouse, and Le Havre, as well as a former Le Havre sporting director and scout, was discovered dead at his home in Le Havre, France. The cause of death is yet to be determined.


Revault came through the Le Havre youth system and stayed in Normandy from 1992 to 1997 before joining PSG as a substitute for Bernard Lama, who moved to West Ham United.


After a frustrating stint with the Parisian club, he moved to Rennes a year later. At the end of the 1997–98 season, he was signed by Rennes boss Paul Le Guen, a former PSG teammate. Revault then played for Toulouse for the majority of his career, from 2000 to 2006, before returning to Rennes for a season.


He ended his playing career at Le Havre, where he won the Ligue 2 title in 2008. Revault made 354 starts in Ligue 1 throughout his career. Revault stayed in soccer after that, but this time as a member of the Le Havre team, working as a scout, interim coach, and Sporting Director for a short time.


Cause of death: unknown.

   May 7, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Felix "Tuto" Zabala, 83

 After a long illness, Felix "Tuto" Zabala, 

 the promoter of All-Star Boxing 

 and a pioneer of Latin boxing, 

 died in Miami at the age of 83. 

(October 18, 1937 – May 7, 2021)


Felix "Tuto" Zabala, the founder of the All-Star Boxing corporation and a pioneer of Latin boxing, died in Miami at the age of 83, according to his family. Zabala died at the age of 84, after a 20-year struggle with multiple health problems. A stroke ended his career in early 2001, leaving him with limited speech and balance abilities.


Zabala was a boxing promoter in Miami who was born on October 18, 1937, in Pinar del Ro, Cuba. He put on valuable and unforgettable evenings with champions like Daniel Zaragoza, Miguel “Happy” Lora, and Wilfredo Vázquez Sr, among many others. With the overthrow of the monarchy by a communist regime in 1959, the fate of Cuba's six million inhabitants shifted dramatically.


Tuto was one of the guerrilla opposition fighters during the communists' early years of rule. Tuto found a way out and moved to Jamaica, where he worked odd jobs. Tuto and his young bride, Carmen, as well as their newborn daughter, eventually settled in Puerto Rico. The expanding Zabala family has made their home on the Caribbean island. The Zabala family has also worked with Top Rank and Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum for the past three decades.


Zabala represented many world champions, the first of which was Carlos Teo Cruz of the Dominican Republic, who, ironically, lost on Zabala's first sponsored show in San Juan. Cruz would go on to claim the lineal lightweight title in 1968, defeating Hall of Famer and long-time champion Carlos Ortiz in a 15-round split decision.


The World Boxing Council and its President, Mauricio Sulaimán, extend their heartfelt condolences to “Tuto's” relatives and numerous friends.


Cause of death: unknown (long-term illness).

   May 8-9, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

   May 10, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Colt Brennan, 37

 Colt Brennan, 

 a former quarterback for 

 the University of Hawaii, 

 died at the age of 37 in a 

 hospital in Newport, California. 

(August 16, 1983 – May 10, 2021)


Colt Brennan (born Colton James Brennan), the University of Hawaii quarterback who set multiple NCAA records, died at the age of 37 in a hospital in Newport, California, according to his father, Terry Brennan. Colt Brennan was found unconscious in his fifth month of rehabilitation. He was rushed to Hoag Hospital in Newport, where he passed away.


He was selected by the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL) in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft after playing college football with the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors. Brennan threw the second-most passing touchdowns in NCAA Division I history during the 2006 season, with 58.


He also holds several NCAA Division I FBS records. Brennan's decision to move to Hawaii after a championship career at Saddleback College in California signaled the start of a legendary streak in Manoa, a string of collective triumphs that had never been achieved before and haven't since.

The side-armed slinger, along with receivers including Davon Bess and Ryan Grice-Mullen, led an overpowering offensive that helped Hawaii win the Hawaii Bowl in 2006 and go unbeaten the next season. Brennan threw for 53 touchdowns in a single season that year.


Brennan was selected the Western Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2007, as the Warriors claimed the WAC title, but lost in the Sugar Bowl to Georgia in the year's final game. Brennan was the first player in Hawaii football history to be named a Heisman Trophy finalist after finishing the 2007 season.


He became the NCAA's all-time leader in touchdown passes in a game against Boise State that season, one of several records he'd hold by the end of his illustrious career. He and his then-girlfriend were in a traffic accident on Hawaii Island, and he was taken to the hospital.


Brennan has volunteered for the Kahuku High School football team and a variety of other athletic teams throughout the state in recent years in an attempt to give back to local football communities.


Cause of death: unknown.

   May 11, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Norman Lloyd, 106

 Legendary Actor Norman Lloyd 

 has died at the age of 106. 

 His brilliant career spanned 

 eight decades.

(November 8, 1914 - May 11, 2021)


American actor, producer, and director Norman Lloyd, whose long career included collaborating with legends like Charlie Chaplin and Alfred Hitchcock, has died at the age of 106. Lloyd died at his home in the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles on Tuesday, his manager Marion Rosenberg told the Associated Press. Lloyd’s death was confirmed by his friend and fellow producer Dean Hargrove. Lloyd's career spanned almost 80 years.


Norman Lloyd was born Norman Perlmutter in Jersey City, New Jersey, to a housewife and singer Sadie (Horowitz) and furniture shop boss Max Perlmutter. He was born into a Jewish family (from Hungary and Russia). He started his acting career at Eva Le Gallienne's Civic Repertory in New York, where he first "toed the boards." He lost his Brooklyn accent and became a busy stage performer in the 1930s, aspiring to perform as a classical repertory player. He then entered the original cast of the Orson Welles-John Houseman Mercury Theatre.


Lloyd started his acting career in theatre, first with Eve Le Galienne's Civic Repertory Theater and then with the original Orson Welles-John Houseman Mercury Theater Company. Mercury cast members included actors Joseph Cotten, Vincent Price, and Agnes Moorehead, in addition to Welles and Houseman. In the 1980s television series “Elsewhere,” he played Daniel Auschlander for six seasons. From 1998 to 2001, he played doctor Isaac Mentnor in the science fiction television series "Seven Days."


Fans of the film will recall him as a shady character in Alfred Hitchcock's 1942 espionage thriller "Saboteur." In the 1940s, he met Charlie Chaplin, the silent film legend, on the tennis courts, and 12 years later, he appeared in his film "Stage Lights."

His most recent film appearance was in Trainwreck (2015), which he appeared in at the age of 99, though he confessed that the film's raunchy content turned him off.


The documentary Who Is Norman Lloyd? is about him. , which had its world premiere on September 1, 2007 at the Sundance Film Festival. In 2010, he appeared in an episode of ABC's Modern Family as a guest star. On December 5, 2010, he gave a talk at the Colony Theatre in Burbank, California, titled An Evening with Norman Lloyd, in which he discussed his career and took questions from the crowd.


Peggy, Lloyd's 75-year-old wife, died on August 30, 2011 at the age of 98. One of the couple's children, actress and director Josie Lloyd, died in 2020.


Cause of death: natural causes.

   May 12, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Jerry Burns, 94

 Former Minnesota Vikings 

 longtime coach Jerry Burns 

 has died at the age of 94.

(January 24, 1927 – May 12, 2021) 


Jerry Burns (born Jerome Monahan Burns), the charismatic character who won two Super Bowls as a Packers assistant before becoming one of the most lovable characters in Vikings history and leading the team to three playoff appearances as head coach, died after a long battle with declining health. "Burnsie" was 94 years old.


Burns served as defensive backs coach for the Green Bay Packers during their first two Super Bowl appearances, before joining legendary Vikings coach Bud Grant as offensive coordinator in 1968. After Les Steckel's 3-13 season in 1984 and Grant's 7-9 season in 1985, when he was coaxed out of retirement, Burns held the job until 1985 and became head coach in 1986.


Burns, a native of Detroit, attended the University of Michigan and played quarterback from 1947 to 1950. In 1954, he became an assistant coach at Iowa, and in 1961, he became the head coach, going 16-27-2 in five years before leaving for the NFL. Before retirement after the 1991 season, Burns had a 55-46 record, including 3-3 in the playoffs.


His 1987 team came back hard at the end before losing in the NFC Championship Game to Washington. In the next two seasons, he led the Vikings to regular-season records of 11-5 and 10-6, all of which ended in playoff losses to San Francisco. Burns announced his retirement from coaching after the 1991 NFL season on December 4, 1991; he had an 8-8 record in his final season.


Burns has been nominated for induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but has failed to receive the requisite votes. Burns delivered the induction speech for Paul Krause, a defensive back he played at Iowa and with the Vikings, in 1998.


Cause of death: unknown (failing health).

   May 13, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Maria João Abreu, 57

 Portuguese film, television, and 

 stage actress Maria João Abreu 

 has died of a cerebral aneurysm 

 aged 57. 

(14 April 1964 – 13 May 2021)


Maria Joo Abreu, a Portuguese actress, died at Almada's Hospital Garcia de Orta, where she had been admitted after a cerebral aneurysm ruptured. She was 57 years old. The star, who was born on April 14, 1964, in Lisbon, recalled searching for "pennies in the drawers" to buy a kilo of rice for dinner, her mother working hard, and making her first tomato rice when she was eight years old.


After many appearances in magazine shows, especially at Teatro Maria Vitória and the former Variedades, Maria Joo Abreu moved on to Teatro Aberto, where she collaborated with Joo Lourenço in Werner Schawb's "As Presidentes" and José Carretas in Celine Serreau's "Coelho Coelho ". She also created "Bolero," which was seen at the Centro Cultural de Belém, with Manuel Cintra and José Carretas (CCB).


In 2019, she starred in Tivoli's "Dream of a Summer Night," alongside José Raposo, from whom she was already divorced, and Miguel Raposo, one of the couple's twins. She was also with her ex-husband, who currently has roles in the telenovela "A Serra" and the sitcom "Patroes fora," all of which are currently in production.


Other television productions that relied on his success included "Lucky Strike," "South," "Passion," "Greater Love," "The House is Mine," "Salty Sea," "Our Days," "World Upside Down," "Feelings," "Spell of Amor," "Jardins Proibidos," and "Morangos com Açcar."


Maria Joo Abreu was married to José Raposo for 23 years and had two children with him, Miguel and Ricardo Raposo. In 2012, she married musician Joo Soares for the second time.


Cause of death: brain aneurysm.

   May 14, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

David McPhail, 76

 New Zealand comedic actor 

 and writer David McPhail died 

 at the age of 76. 

(11 April 1945 – 14 May 2021)


David McPhail (born David Alexander McPhail), a writer, producer, actor, and comedian best known for his impersonations of Prime Minister Robert Muldoon and unquestionably one of the most well-known figures on New Zealand television, died at Merivale Retirement Village in Christchurch, his son Matt confirmed on social media.


McPhail was well-known in New Zealand as a comic, but Whittle said he was a man with many talents. He was a brilliant novelist, as well as an academic, a jokester, and a classical actor. McPhail was born on April 11, 1945, in Christchurch, and attended Cathedral Grammar School and Christchurch Boys' High School before attending the University of Canterbury.

Alexander Edward McPhail, David's father, was the chairman of the New Zealand Rugby Union and a wealthy businessman. He was a staunch atheist of Scottish origins. He ran a tannery, imported merchandise, and rented out his property.


In 1967, McPhail began working as a journalist for the New Zealand Broadcasting Corporation, where he reported on both radio and television news reports. He worked as a correspondent on the magazine show Town and About from 1968 to 1969.

David McPhail worked as a tv director and actor from 1971 to 1977, producing light entertainment shows for three years before becoming popular in 1977 with 'A Week of It,' one of the first New Zealand comedy shows.


After three seasons of A Week of It, McPhail and Gadsby overshadowed New Zealand television in the 1980s with seven seasons of skit show McPhail and Gadsby. McPhail went on to appear in films such as Letter to Blanchy, a backwoods sitcom, and Muldoon, a one-man show that toured the world.


McPhail rose to prominence due to his impressions of New Zealand Prime Minister Robert Muldoon on the sketch comedy show A Week of It. He went on to star in several episodes of the sketch comedy McPhail and Gadsby, as well as the hit comedy Letter to Blanchy. Jon Gadsby, his childhood associate, appeared on all three series.


McPhail received the Queen's Medal for public service in the 1992 New Year Honours. He was appointed an Officer of the New Zealand Order of Merit in the 2008 New Year Honours for his contributions to television and theatre.


Cause of death: unknown.

Kenneth Mayhew, 104

 Major Kenneth George Mayhew, 

 a Suffolk D-Day veteran who was 

 one of only four living people to 

 receive the Netherlands' highest honor, 

 has died at the age of 104. 

(18 January 1917 – 14 May 2021)


Kenneth George Mayhew, the oldest Knight Military Order of William has passed away today in Norfolk, England. The Briton was 104 years old. Mayhew received the highest Dutch military decoration in 1946 for his heroic actions during the liberation of the south of the Netherlands. With the death of Major Kenneth George Mayhew,  there are no longer any knighted heroes from World War II alive.


When the Second World War broke out in 1939, he, like many other British boys, was called up to enlist. Mayhew, a peasant sibling, was assigned to the Suffolk Regiment. His company was part of the 3rd Army Corps, which was commanded by Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery, who would later become a hero.


He was the commander of a company of 13 Carriers, armored tracked infantry, during the invasion of the French coast on June 6, 1944 (D-Day). His unit was to liberate Colleville-Sur-Orne by taking a complex of 12 bunkers and 150 troops. Then came the town of Flers. After that, the company made its way to the Netherlands via Belgium.


When he returned to England after Europe's liberation, life soon returned to normal. “There was work to be completed. I was the father of a young family. The reserve major was called to the Dutch embassy in London in 1946. Mayhew, on the other hand, was also suffering from an injury and was awarded the Military William Order, the Netherlands' highest honor, as well as a certificate bearing Royal Decree number 29.


He was last seen wearing his medal at a remembrance service in 2011 after the order's chapter lost touch with him in the 1980s.

Following that, he joined the order as a permanent member.. Since 2012 Mayhew visited the Netherlands several times and was active as a member of the Military William Order. He attended the annual Liberation Day ceremony in Wageningen in May 2013 as an invited guest and visited the Overloon War Museum.


Mayhew started the annual Liberation Day festivities in Wageningen in May 2014, which attracted over 1800 veterans and 120,000 visitors. Mayhew told the Defense newspaper in an interview a few years earlier, "There we had to link with the troops that had landed at Arnhem" (Operation Market Garden).


That did not succeed, as we all know, but the first battalion had some luck on the Limburg-Gelderland frontier. His corporation was active in the liberation of Weert, Venray, and Overloon (all on September 22, 1944). (September 16-19, 1944).


Mayhew earned  his spurs and the Military Order of William during those weeks. His recollection of Venray, which consisted of just a few buildings, indicates that there was heavy fighting in Limburg.


In reaction to Mayhew's death, Defense Minister Ank Bijleveld-Schouten says, "Their heroism will never be lost." “The bravery is shown by Mayhew and his fellow soldiers during WWII and the liberation of the Netherlands will still be remembered in our hearts. Many people who are loyal to the cause look up to them.


There are three Knights of the Military William Order left. Major Marco Kroon, Lieutenant Colonel Gijs Tuinman, and Reserve Major Roy de Ruiter. They were honored for their valiant deeds in Afghanistan. 


Cause of death: natural causes.

New Jack, 58

 Pro wrestler New Jack (Jerome Young) 

 died in North Carolina from a heart attack 

 at the age of 58. 

(January 3, 1963 – May 14, 2021) 


New Jack (born Jerome Young) has died of a heart attack in North Carolina aged 58. He was a cult hero of the popular wrestling league ECW, but he was unable to be placed at WWE due to numerous scandals. Jerome Young, alias New Jack, was a figurehead in the league that served as a model for WWE's successful realignment in the 1990s - but he was too notorious to make a career there.


Jennifer Young, Young's wife, announced her husband's death to Pro Wrestling Insider. Young was better known for his tenure with Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and his hardcore matches at gunpoint. Young died at the age of 58, leaving a mixed reputation as a wrestler.


Young, who was born on January 3, 1963, in Greensboro, North Carolina, had a rough childhood, recounting many armed assaults on his mother by his father, who died of a heart attack when Young was five years old.


Young made his professional wrestling debut in 1992, adopting the name New Jack - a slang term for a new member of a street gang - from the newly released film "New Jack City," which starred Wesley Snipes and Ice-T. Young and Mustafa Saed formed the tag team The Gangstas, and the pair saw their first big success in the provincial league SMW (Smoky Mountain Wrestling), where former WWE boss and creative writer Jim Cornette inserted them into controversial tales.


The gangstas relocated to Philadelphia in 1995 as ECW, Paul Heyman's underground promotion. Heyman is currently the founder of WWE superstars Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns. There, they started a rivalry with The Public Enemy (the unfortunately dead Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock), which was followed by major matches and feuds with the Eliminators, the Dudley Boyz, Rob Van Dam, and Sabu.


New Jack was also at the forefront of other well-known events, the most famous of which was the "Danbury Case" and its consequences: He and his rival Vic Grimes lost the final action of their "Scaffold Match," in which they clashed on a stage at a height of 4.5 meters, at the Pay Per View Living Dangerously in 2000.


New Jack and Grimes fought again in the XPW League in 2002, with Grimes suffering a life-threatening fall from a height of several meters at the end of the season. New Jack then said that he decided to kill Grimes in retaliation, though it is still debated if this was the case or whether it was an agreed-upon "practice" to keep his unpredictable profile.


New Jack remained involved in the ring until the end, often reuniting with old ECW teammates, making many appearances on TNA (Impact Wrestling), and becoming the subject of an episode of Vice's TV documentary series "Dark Side of the Ring," which dealt with various wrestling controversies and tragedies.


Cause of death: heart attack.

   May 15, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

   May 16, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Alessandro Talotti, 40

 Former athletics champion Alessandro Talotti 

 has passed away in Udine, Italy: 

 he was 40 years old and he was 

 fighting stomach cancer. 

(7 October 1980 – 16 May 2021)


Italy's sporting community is in mourning: Alessandro Talotti, one of Italy's most accomplished high jumpers, died of stomach cancer at the age of 40. He'd been ill for quite a while. He recently married and has a six-month-old child.


Alessandro Talotti died at the age of 40, his life cut short by a stomach tumor. With a personal best of 2 meters and 32 centimeters indoors, 2.30 centimeters outdoors, two Olympic appearances (finalist in Athens), and World, European, and Championships Italians, he was one of the best high jumpers in Italian athletics history.


Talotti had been sick for a while, and just a few days earlier, on May 7, he had married Silvia Stibilj, the blue roller skating champion with whom he had had little Elio a few months before.

Talotti's best international finish was the fourth place with 2.27 at the European Championships in Munich in 2002. He studied and became a physiotherapist after his career was over. He was elected to the FIDAL Federal Council in 2012 for the four-year term 2012-2016.


Everyone's favorite guy, and a terrible loss for Italian sport. He was a multiple Italian champion and held the national record for several years with a height of 2.32 meters. He had dedicated himself as a Coni delegate for Friuli Venezia Giulia and as an instructor of Motor Sciences in Gemona after his career ended.


Cause of death: stomach cancer.

   May 17, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Buddy Roemer, 77

 Former U.S. Representative 

 and Louisiana Governor (1988-1992) 

 Buddy Roemer has died of diabetes aged 77. 

(October 4, 1943 – May 17, 2021) 


Buddy Roemer (born Charles Elson "Buddy" Roemer III), a Harvard-educated reform-minded politician whose one turbulent term as governor of Louisiana (1988-1992) was characterized by bruising legislative struggles over taxation, budgets, and abortion, died of diabetes at the age of 77 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.


Chas Roemer, the former governor's son, said his father died peacefully at his Baton Rouge home after a long struggle with diabetes. Chas Roemer said he was surrounded by family. Roemer was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1980 and quickly earned a reputation as one of the "Boll Weevils," a group of conservative Southern Democrats who aided President Ronald Reagan in passing legislation.


Voters rejected what would have been his signature bill in the spring of 1989, a proposed constitutional amendment that would have resulted in a dramatic reform of the state tax code, transferring the tax burden from businesses to citizens. A $1.4 billion initiative to upgrade roads, airports, and cargo terminals was also included in the program, which would have been financed by a fuel tax increase.



After finishing third in the 1991 election, Roemer never ran for office again. He came in third, behind former Ku Klux Klan chief David Duke and Edwin Edwards, who was making a comeback after losing the governorship to Roemer four years ago. In the subsequent runoff, Edwards defeated Duke and won a fourth term.


Roemer, who later became a banker in private life, ran for governor again in 1994 but lost. He also ran a presidential bid in 2012, protesting against special interest politics in a low-profile endeavor. He ran for the 2012 Americans Elect presidential nomination before the party decided it would not run a nominee because no candidate met the required minimum level of support to be included on the ballot. In the general election of 2012, Roemer backed Libertarian Gary Johnson, the former governor of New Mexico.


Roemer was married three times (his second marriage ended when he was governor), although after sustaining a stroke in 2014, he maintained a lower public profile.


Cause of death: diabetes.

   May 18, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Charles Grodin, 86

 Charles Grodin, who starred 

 in the films "Midnight Run" and 

 "Beethoven," died of cancer 

 at the age of 86.

(April 21, 1935 – May 18, 2021)


Charles Grodin, the renowned actor, comedian, novelist, and television talk show host best known for his neurotic comedic wit in films such as "Beethoven," "Midnight Run," and "The Heartbreak Kid," as well as numerous television appearances, died at his home in Wilton, Conn., after a long battle with bone marrow cancer, his son Nicholas confirmed.


Charles Grodin (real name Charles Grodinsky) was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on April 21, 1935. He came from a religious Jewish household. His father, Theodore I. Grodin, used to trade wholesale materials for a living. Lena, his mother, worked at the family shop and also volunteered to care for disabled soldiers.


Grodin began his acting career in the 1960s, performing in TV serials such as "The Virginian," an American Western television series. In 1968, he appeared in Roman Polanski's psychological horror-thriller "Rosemary's Baby" as an obstetrician. In the 1970s, he went into film acting, starring in Elaine May's romantic comedy film 'The Heartbreak Kid' (1972) and supporting roles in Mike Nichols' black comedic war movie "Catch-22" (1970).


Grodin became a recognizable face as a supporting actor in several Hollywood comedies of the era, including Albert Brooks' comedy picture 'Real Life,' (1979), Goldie Hawn, Chevy Chase, and Robert Guillaume's comedy picture 'Seems Like Old Times,' (1980), and Elaine May's action-adventure-comedy picture 'Ishtar,' (1980). (1987), and Ivan Reitman's comedy film 'Dave' (1993) alongside  Kevin Kline, Sigourney Weaver, and Ben Kingsley. 


In the action-comedy Midnight Run (1988), he co-starred with Robert De Niro and Dennis Farina, and in Brian Levant's family picture Beethoven (1992), he co-starred with Bonnie Hunt as George and Alice Newton. Grodin also had his talk show in the 1990s and was a regular guest on other people's talk programs, appearing 36 times on "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" and seventeen times on "Late Night With David Letterman." 


Grodin left acting in the mid-1990s and became a talk show presenter on CNBC, as well as a political analyst for the American weekly primetime newsmagazine television program "60 Minutes II" in 2000.


He was also a playwright and author, having written several plays and novels. He never won a major acting award, but he did share a writing Emmy with Mr. Simon and six others for a 1977 Paul Simon television special.


In 1972, Grodin was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for his performance in The Heartbreak Kid. Midnight Run got him Best Actor at the 1988 Valladolid International Film Festival, while his work in Dave in 1993 earned him the American Comedy Award for Funniest Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture. Grodin married Julia Ferguson and had a daughter with her before divorcing in 1968. In July 1983, he married Elissa Durwood.


Cause of death: bone marrow cancer.

   May 19, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Lee Evans, 74

 Lee Evans, a two-time Olympic 

 gold medalist Who Protested Racism, 

 died at the age of 74.

(February 25, 1947 - May 19, 2021)


Lee Evans (74) died of a stroke in Lagos, Nigeria. He was a former world record holder and winner of two gold medals at the 1968 Olympic Games. He was also a human rights activist.


Evans was a coach at a sports academy in Lagos, according to the Mercury News of San Jose, California, where Evans grew up. Evans won two gold medals at the Mexico City Olympics (400m and 4x400m) and set a world record in the 400m with a time of 43.86 seconds, which stood for 20 years before it was broken in August 1988 by American Butch Reynolds with a time of 43.29 seconds.


Evans was also a core member of the United States' 4x400-meter squad, which set a world record of 2: 56.16 that lasted for over 24 years. Evans came close to qualifying for the 400 meters when teammates Tommie Smith (gold) and John Carlos (bronze) raised one hand with clenched fingers, a sign of the black minority's resistance.


The IOC responded immediately and harshly, banning both athletes from participating in the Olympics for the rest of their lives. Evans, along with compatriots Larry James, who earned silver, and bronze-winning Ron Freeman, protested with raised fists and berets on their heads after winning gold. When the anthem was played and the American flags were lifted, they lowered them and replaced the berets. The International Olympic Committee took note of their conciliatory act and did not punish them. 


He was an athletics coach in 20 countries during his athletic career, and he was inducted into the National Athletics Hall of Fame in Manhattan in 1983 and the United States Olympic Games Hall of Fame in Colorado Springs in 1989.


He was a founding member of the Olympic Project for Human Rights, a group that raised awareness about social injustice and racism in the United States and around the world.


Cause of death: stroke.

   May 20, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

   May 21, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

roman kent died

 Roman Kent, a Polish-born 

 American Holocaust survivor 

 and president of the International 

 Auschwitz Committee has died 

 at the age of 92.

(April 18, 1929 – 21 May 2021)


Roman Kent, the President of the International Auschwitz Committee (IAK), died at the age of 92 in New York after a brief illness, according to IAK-Executive-VP Christoph Heubner. Kent was a survivor of the Auschwitz extermination camp and has since dedicated his life to the victims of the Nazi tyranny.


Kent was born in the Kniker family, a Jewish family, in Lodz, Poland, in 1929. The family was sent to the ghetto at the end of 1939, where Kent's father died of hunger in 1943. In 1944, the remainder of the family arrived in Auschwitz-Birkenau. Kent was held in different concentration camps alongside his brother Leon until he was freed by American forces on a death march from Flossenbürg to Dachau, according to the committee.


Kent moved to the United States with his brother in 1946, where he worked as a merchant and served as treasurer of the Jewish Claims Conference, among other things. Former concentration camp detainees should be compensated, according to the group. He was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit in 2014. Since 2011, he has served as President of the Auschwitz Committee.


He also joined the Advisory Board of the US Holocaust Memorial Council in 2011, at the suggestion of US President Barack Obama. He was also the chairman of the American group of Holocaust survivors and their descendants, as well as the president of the Jewish Foundation for the Righteous, which helps non-Jews in need. Kent was the Jewish Claims Conference's treasurer.


Kent advocated for memory preservation and against anti-Semitism. According to Heubner, the weight has become greater in recent months: "In light of recent events, the blazing pictures of the past have been thrust more and more into his life." He was saddened till the last because "anti-venom Semitism's and the glorification of Auschwitz are gaining root."


Early on, Kent and his comrades-in-arms battled "for the health and well-being of all survivors, as well as for recompense for the inmates of the German extermination apparatus following their servitude and forced labor." "His sensitive openness and interest in a common future" were cherished by his interlocutors, according to Heubner.


Cause of death: unknown (short serious illness).

   May 22, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Francesc Arnau, 46

 Francesc Arnau, 

 a former Barcelona goalkeeper, 

 died suddenly at the age of 46. 

(23 March 1975 – 22 May 2021)


Francesc Arnau, the sports director of FC Real Oviedo and a former goalkeeper for FC Barcelona, died suddenly at the age of 46. The cause of death has yet to be determined. "Francesc Arnau Grabalosa, our sports director, has died. We are sincerely saddened by his death and stand with his family at this terrible time. Peace be with you, "They posted about it on Twitter.


Arnau began his career in Barcelona's lower divisions before spending three seasons with the main squad between 1998 and 2001. He was a member of Spain's Under-21 team at the time.
On November 9, 1996, he made his first appearance for Barcelona in a league match against Atletico Madrid at the Camp Nou, when he was still a member of Barca B, which was in the second division of the tournament at the time. In 1999, he assisted his side in winning La Liga. He then joined with Málaga, where he spent ten seasons.


His playing career in Barcelona was marked by a pacer goal against Fiorentina in a Champions League match on February 11, 1999, which Mauro Bressan scored with scissors from 30 meters.

He only played for Barcelona and Málaga during his 16-year professional career, featuring in 126 La Liga games throughout 12 seasons. Arnau made his final appearance as a professional on May 21, 2011, coming on as a replacement for Willy Caballero in the closing minutes of Málaga's 1–3 home defeat to Barcelona, ensuring the club's top-flight position.


Arnau began working in Málaga's lower leagues after retiring, eventually taking over the club's sports management in December 2015, succeeding Mario Husillos. Last April, his name appeared in Joan Laporta's plans to strengthen Barcelona's technical secretariat. In December 2019, Arnau came to Oviedo to fill the void left by Joaqun del Olmo and Michu.


Arnau was engrossed in the design of the blue sports project for the next season, work he had begun on Friday following a day of rigorous talks with the club's leadership in El Requexón. The Oviedo has been affected by the abrupt departure of the former goalie, who had been relieved for two days after achieving permanence in the category following a terrible year in sports.


The blue entity, deeply shaken by Arnau's death, has chosen to call off all of the day's matches, including the first team's match against Mirandés, which has been postponed until further notice owing to the tragic loss of manager.


Cause of death: unknown.

   May 23, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Lorrae Desmond, 91

 Lorrae Desmond, 

 a true Australian Legend and 

 a Country Practice star has 

 died at the age of 91. 

(2 October 1929 – 23 May 2021)


Lorrae Desmond, a Gold Logie winner and a Country Practice star has died at the age of 91 after a short battle with illness, her family announced. The exact cause of death has not yet been announced. Desmond, who was born in Mittagong, New South Wales, in 1929 and moved to the United Kingdom as a kid, began her five-decade entertainment career in United Kingdom as a teenager, performing in several BBC series. 


She competed in the Eurovision Song Contest for the United Kingdom in 1957 before returning to Australia in the 1960s. She traveled the country performing live concerts for troops during the Vietnam War, for which she received an MBE.


Lorrae Desmond (born Beryl Hunt), starred as Shirley Gilroy on Seven's iconic Australian television show from 1981 until 1992, appearing in 816 episodes. She was already well-established in the entertainment world, having won the first female Gold Logie for The Lorrae Desmond Show, which aired from 1960 to 1964. Beginning in the late 1960s, she began appearing in local soap operas and serials, including a guest part in Crawford Productions' flagship series Homicide and a guest part in Number 96, following which she was cast in the ill-fated series Arcade in 1980.


She had worked as a stage lyricist, creating the play Honey in 2001, which was based on Bryce Courtenay's novel Smoky Joe's Cafe. She was also a magazine writer for That's Life, where she produced an item called "Ask Lorrae," in which readers would write in with questions and requests for guidance.


She appeared in a reunion special for A Country Practice in 2006 as part of the "Television Turns 50" celebrations, as well as the series' 30th-anniversary reunion in 2011. Desmond toured Australia with her one-woman show and Arthur Kopit's musical comedy High Society.

She was awarded an Order of Australia (AM) for contributions to the performing arts in January of this year.


Cause of death: unknown.

   May 24, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Max Mosley, 81

 Max Mosley, 

 the man who changed motorsport 

 and the Formula One world, has 

 died at the age of 81. 

(13 April 1940 – 24 May 2021)


Max Mosley (born Max Rufus Mosley), a former British racing driver, lawyer, and former head of the International Automobile Federation (FIA), died of cancer at the age of 81, according to many British news sources. Bernie Ecclestone, the previous owner of Formula One, has confirmed the information.


Mosley, one of the most influential individuals in Formula One history, was born on April 13, 1940, in London, during the early years of WWII. Mosley was the youngest son of Sir Oswald Mosley, the former head of the fascist Hitler admirers' British Union, and Diana Mitford. He was schooled in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom before enrolling in the University of Christ Church, Oxford, where he earned a degree in physics.


He then changed the law and was admitted to the Bar in 1964. Mosley was a member of his father's postwar political organization, the Union Movement, in his teens and early twenties (UM). Even though he temporarily worked for the Conservative Party in the early 1980s, he said that the association of his surname with Nazism hindered him from further pursuing his interest in politics.


In the early 1960s, Mosley grew interested in automobile racing. In 1968, he co-founded the London Racing Team with driver Chris Lambert to participate in European Formula Two, which was the category of racing immediately below Formula One at the time. He was a driver for two years and won 12 of the 40 races he competed in. He retired from racing in 1969.


Mosley was invited to represent March at the Grand Prix Constructors' Association (GPCA) beginning in 1969. The GPCA negotiated common negotiations on behalf of its member tea. Ecclestone, Colin Chapman, Teddy Mayer, Mosley, Ken Tyrrell, and Frank Williams founded the Formula One Constructors' Association (FOCA) in 1974.


FOCA would represent the teams' business interests in meetings with the Commission Sportive Internationale (CSI), an FIA commission, and motorsport's international governing body. The CSI subsequently evolved into the Fédération Internationale du Sport Automobile (FISA), the international governing organization of racing.


Mosley became an official legal advisor to FOCA, which was run by Ecclestone, after leaving March at the end of 1977. He became the Association of Formula One Constructors' official legal advisor toward the end of the 1970s, then the FIA's president in 1993. In that capacity, he drafted the first version of the contract between the FIA and the Association of Constructors, resolving a long-standing disagreement between the two parties.

This contract is still the legal basis for teams' participation in Formula 1. Mosley was the president of the World Automobile Federation (FIA) and one of the most influential personalities in Formula One history. However, he will be remembered by the stain he left behind.


Following recordings of orgies in which he participated with five prostitutes were leaked to the public, i.e. after charges of praising Nazism in 2008, he was forced to quit as leader, and was succeeded by Jean Todt. Mosley won a case against News Group Newspapers and the News of the World newspaper thirteen years ago (2008), claiming that they breached his privacy by reporting that he was involved in a sexual act in which five women participated.


Although one of those present was dressed in a military uniform, Judge concluded that the orgy had no Nazi overtones.

As a result, Mosley launched a case against the UK's privacy law at the European Court of Human Rights in 2009, attempting to require the newspaper to notify readers before revealing their private lives so that they may seek an injunction. The court dismissed the lawsuit on May 10, 2011, claiming that "the pre-notification clause will certainly impact political reporting and serious journalism."


The Daily Telegraph stated in July 2011 that Mosley had financially guaranteed the legal fees of applicants who may be subjected to phone hacking by the News of the World. Mosley originally declined to comment, but later verified the story in a TV interview with the BBC and a phone chat with Reuters.


Cause of death: cancer.

   May 25, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

John Warner, 94

 Former Republican Senator 

 John Warner, the ex-husband 

 of Hollywood actress Elizabeth Taylor, 

 has died aged 94. 

(February 18, 1927 – May 25, 2021)


Former Republican Senator John Warner (born John William Warner III), the ex-husband of Hollywood star Elizabeth Taylor, died of heart failure at the age of 94 at his home in Alexandria, Virginia, according to US media. He was elected to the Virginia Senate in 1978 and served five years before resigning from politics in 2009. In 1976, John Warner married Elizabeth Taylor, becoming the sixth of her seven husbands. In 1982, the couple divorced.


Born in February 1927, he enlisted in the military at the age of 17, just months before World War II ended, and served in the Marines during the Korean War. After studying law and practicing as a lawyer, he was appointed Secretary of the Navy by Richard Nixon in 1972, during the US military's debacle in Vietnam.


Warner chaired the Senate Armed Services Committee from 1999 to 2001 and again from 2003 to 2007. From 1995 to 1999, he was also the Chair of the Senate Rules Committee. Considered a centrist, he was notable for his moderate stances, which occasionally departed from the Republican Party's stance in the Senate.


He initially backed President George W. Bush's decision to initiate war on Iraq, but then criticized his policy of deploying additional soldiers there. Warner received the first-ever National Intelligence Distinguished Public Service Medal from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence on December 12, 2008.


On January 8, 2009, the Secretary of the Navy announced that the next nuclear-powered Virginia-class attack submarine would be named after John Warner. The twelfth Virginia-class submarine, USS John Warner (SSN-785), was commissioned in August 2015, at United States Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia.


Cause of death: heart failure.

   May 26, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Kevin Clark, 32

 Kevin Clark, a "School of Rock" 

 kid star, died in a traffic accident 

 at the age of 32. 

(December 3, 1988 – May 26, 2021)


Actor Jack Black is mourning the death of a colleague from the hit musical comedy "School of Rock" (2003). Kevin Alexander Clark, a former child star, was killed in a car accident in Chicago. Clark was killed by an automobile while riding his bike home at 1:30 a.m.


He was taken to the Illinois Masonic Medical Center by paramedics, but he was declared dead at 2:04 a.m.

According to the "Chicago Sun-Times," this was announced by the police. He was 32 years old at the time.


In reaction to the sad news, "School of Rock" star Jack Black sent a heartfelt message on Instagram, writing, "Devastating news. Kevin is no longer alive. Much too soon. A lovely spirit. So many wonderful memories. My heart is shattered. I adore you." Hello to his family and the entire School of Rock community. Also, actor and musician Jack Black uploaded a photo of himself and the child star from the collaborative project at the time, as well as a recent snapshot of the two.


Miranda Cosgrove, who portrayed Summer, the band manager in "School of Rock," was deeply saddened by her colleague's early demise. On Instagram, she posted multiple photos of herself with Kevin Clark. In the cult film, Kevin Clark portrayed drummer Freddy. Clark's only film role was in "School of Rock," after which he stayed committed to the music.


Cause of death: traffic collision.

   May 27, 28, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

   May 29, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Gavin MacLeod, 90

 Gavin MacLeod, best known 

 for his roles in 'Love Boat' and 

 'Mary Tyler Moore,' has died at 

 the age of 90. 

(February 28, 1931 – May 29, 2021)


Gavin MacLeod (born Allan George See), a comedy veteran who portrayed "Happy" Haines on "McHale's Navy," Murray on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," and the very different, faintly aristocratic Captain Stubing on "The Love Boat" died of natural causes at the age of 90 in Palm Desert, California, according to his nephew, Mark See.


MacLeod was a minor role on the ABC blockbuster "McHale's Navy," starring Ernest Borgnine, but as newswriter Murray Slaughter, he was unquestionably one of the stars of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," appearing in all 168 episodes during the show's 168-episode run on CBS from 1970 to 1977. Murray was married to Marie (Joyce Bulifant), but he had feelings for Moore's Mary Richards. In the WGN newsroom, his desk was immediately next to Mary's, so MacLeod was constantly in the shot throughout the sitcom, and Murray, like all the other characters, was thoroughly developed — a characteristic of MTM programs.


MacLeod originally auditioned for the role of Lou Grant, which went to Ed Asner, but he admitted he was glad to end up portraying Murray. He also tried out for the role of Archie Bunker on "All in the Family," but when he read the screenplay for the first time, he noted in his biography, "Immediately I felt, 'This is not the screenplay for me.'" The character is far too bigoted. 'I'm not allowed to speak these things.' MacLeod was relieved when Norman Lear called to tell him that Carroll O'Connor had secured the part. In 1977, when "Moore" concluded and ABC's "The Love Boat" debuted, MacLeod had the good fortune to move immediately from one successful program to the next.


For ten years, the hour-long romantic comedy set on a cruise ship aired. Even after the series ended in 1987, the actor returned for the 1990 telefilm "The Love Boat: A Valentine Voyage" and the 1998 "Reunion" episode of the revived series "Love Boat: The Next Wave."

MacLeod may hold the record for the most consecutive long-running series: he moved from "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (168 episodes) to "The Love Boat" (168 episodes) (249 episodes). Captain Stubing, played by the actor, was famous for his characteristic salute.


In early 1997, he appeared on "Oprah" with the rest of the cast of "The Love Boat" for the first time since the program was canceled. Another cast reunion happened on "The Talk" in 2013.
Allan George See, the father of MacLeod, was born in Mount Kisco, New York. His mother worked at Reader's Digest, while his father was a Chippewa electrician. He grew raised in Pleasantville, New York, and attended Ithaca College, where he majored in theater and graduated in 1952.


After service in the United States Air Force, he relocated to New York City and worked as an usher and elevator operator at Radio City Music Hall while looking for a job as an actor. He changed his name during this time. He lost his hair at a young age, which made it difficult for him to get acting jobs, but a hairpiece remedied the problem.


MacLeod made his acknowledged big-screen debut in the 1958 Susan Hayward picture "I Want to Live," portraying a police officer, and then portrayed a G.I. in Gregory Peck's "Pork Chop Hill" the following year. His supporting part in Blake Edwards' World War II comedy "Operation Petticoat," starring Cary Grant and Tony Curtis and centered on the wild happenings onboard a submarine, offered the young actor a taste of what he would accomplish a few years later on "McHale's Navy."


Meanwhile, he participated in the 1960 thriller "Twelve Hours to Kill," starring future "I Dream of Jeannie" actress Barbara Eden, Blake Edwards' musical comedy "High Time," starring Bing Crosby and Fabian, and the critically acclaimed but now-forgotten Korean War picture "War Hunt." Before his time on "McHale's Navy," he had a slew of TV appearances.


Despite its success, "McHale's Navy" did not persuade MacLeod to pursue a career in comedy. He felt underutilized and began drinking alcohol, which harmed his marriage. He woke up in 1974, at the request of Patricia Ann "Patti" Kendig, the woman who would become his second wife.


In reality, he departed "McHale's Navy" to play a supporting role in Steve McQueen's superb historical adventure movie "The Sand Pebbles," and he starred in several other films during the decade, including "A Man Called Gannon" and Blake Edwards' Peter Sellers comedy "The Party" in 1968. In 1969, he appeared in "The Thousand Plane Raid," "The Comic," and "The Intruders," and in 1970, he starred in "Kelly's Heroes," a World War II caper picture in which he portrayed Moriarty, Oddball's machine-gunner and technician.


Meanwhile, he appeared on dramas ("Perry Mason," "Ben Casey," "Ironside," "Hawaii Five-O," "The Big Valley") and comedies ("The Andy Griffith Show," "My Favorite Martian," "Hogan's Heroes"). He appeared as a guest on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" in December 1961, his first appearance with Mary Tyler Moore.


MacLeod did not work regularly after his stints on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "The Love Boat." He wasn't required to.
However, he made an impression in a 2000 episode of the HBO prison drama "Oz," in which he played the Roman Catholic Cardinal Frances Abgott, with whom Rita Moreno's nun Sister Pete discussed leaving the order.


Even amongst the absurdity of "The Love Boat," the actor had gained a certain seriousness as Captain Stubing, which made this part conceivable in a manner it couldn't have been previously. In the 2000s, MacLeod made appearances on shows such as "The King of Queens," "JAG," "Touched by an Angel," and "That '70s Show."


After "The Love Boat," MacLeod, who had performed on Broadway in 1962 in "The Captains and the Kings," returned to the stage. Between 1997 to 2003, he toured alongside Michael Learned of "The Waltons" in A.R. Gurney's "Love Letters," and he performed in musicals such as "Gigi" and "Copacabana." He directed the Colorado Symphony in a performance in Denver in 2008.


MacLeod and his second wife became Evangelical Christians in the mid-1980s, and they credit the faith with reconciling them. In his 1987 book "Back on Course, the Remarkable Story of a Divorce That Ended in Remarriage," he wrote about it. In 2002, he and his wife Patti co-starred in the Christian big-screen time-travel epic "Time Changer," alongside Hal Linden.


He also starred in the 2008 Christian film "The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry" as the titular character. In 2013, his memoir "This Is Your Captain Speaking: My Fantastic Voyage Through Hollywood, Faith, and Life" was released. From 1955 to 1972, MacLeod was married to Joan F. Rootvik, with whom he had two boys and two daughters.
In 1974, he married actress, Patti Kendig. They divorced in 1982 before remarrying in 1985.


Cause of death: natural causes.

B. J. Thomas, 78

 Grammy-winning singer B.J. Thomas 

 ('Raindrops Keep Fallin', 'on My Head') 

 has died of lung cancer aged 78. 

(August 7, 1942 – May 29, 2021)


B.J. Thomas (Billy Joe Thomas), the vocalist who blended the suave elegance of a pop crooner with the down-home soul of a country singer on songs like the 1969 hit "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head," died at the age of 78 in his Arlington, Texas home, according to his family. Thomas died as a result of lung cancer, which he had publicly disclosed in March.


Thomas' multi-genre career includes huge singles on the adult contemporary and Christian music charts, the latter of which earned him five Grammy Awards and two Dove Awards from the Gospel Music Association. However, the singer is best known for the breezy pop hit "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head," one of the most popular tracks of all time and a 2014 entry into the Grammy Hall of Fame.


Burt Bacharach and Hal David wrote the song for the 1969 Paul Newman/Robert Redford western Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and Thomas' interpretation spent four weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 and won the Oscar for Best Original Song.


Despite the song's popularity, Thomas' crossover appeal was not fully realized until 1975, when Larry Butler and Chips Momans' "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song" achieved Number One on the pop list before repeating the feat on Billboard's country list.


He was born in Hugo, Oklahoma, and grew up in Houston, Texas, where he first performed in public at the Temple Oaks Baptist Church before relocating with his family to neighboring Rosenberg when he was 15 years old. He played baseball at Lamar Consolidated High School and earned the moniker "B.J." because there were already numerous Billys in the league. 

Billy Joe Thomas has also sung in the choir with his elder brother, Jerry, and idolized artists such as country music classic Hank Williams and R&B great Jackie Wilson.


In 1966, Thomas recorded a cover of Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" after a time with the Triumphs. He'd go on to enjoy late-sixties success with songs like "Mama," "The Eyes of a New York Woman," and the Top Five original recording of "Hooked on a Feeling," which became a 1974 Number One for Blue Swede. He recorded his rendition of the oft-covered country classic "Skip a Rope" in 1969, right before "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head."

Thomas was frequently hired on package tours, sharing stages with musicians such as Gene Pitney, Bobby Goldsboro, and the McCoys. The route to the multimillion-selling single "Raindrops" was equally crowded, with several musicians wanting to record the song. Bacharach created the tune for Bob Dylan, according to Thomas, who told Performing Songwriter in 2013. “Burt has disputed it in following years, but this is what I understood at the time,” Thomas stated. “Burt adored Bob Dylan and the way he articulated things.


When Bob couldn't accomplish it for whatever reason, I was his backup plan.” Yet, according to Steve Tyrell, a Scepter Records A&R executive at the time and the singer’s future manager, Ray Stevens was offered “Raindrops” but passed. Whatever the circumstances, when Thomas went in to record the song, he did so against his doctor’s orders — he was besieged by laryngitis. 

However, Ray Stevens was offered “Raindrops” but declined, according to Steve Tyrell, a Scepter Records A&R executive at the time and the singer's future manager. Whatever the circumstances, Thomas went into the studio to record the song against his doctor's recommendations since he was suffering from laryngitis.


In 1967, Thomas met his future wife Gloria Richardson at Van's Ballroom in Houston. The pair married in Las Vegas in December 1968, and their first child, Paige, was born in 1970. Nora, the couple's middle daughter, was adopted in 1978, and Erin, their third daughter, was born in 1979.


Thomas, who relocated from Texas to Memphis and then to New York City before settling in the Connecticut countryside, continued to achieve hit songs while traveling the world regularly. He used his reputation and blue-eyed matinée idol features to play a doomed gunslinger in the 1973 Western Jory. Thomas would appear in only one more film, the 2008 comedy-drama Jake's Corner.


However, Ray Stevens was offered “Raindrops” but declined, according to Steve Tyrell, a Scepter Records A&R executive at the time and the singer's future manager. Whatever the circumstances, Thomas went into the studio to record the song against his doctor's recommendations since he was suffering from laryngitis.


However, although his career life was thriving, Thomas's drug addiction was out of control. As detailed in his 1978 autobiography Home Where I Belong, Thomas was spending a lot on pills, cocaine, and other narcotics and was on the verge of divorce before ultimately quitting drugs in early 1976.

In late 1976, the singer, who used to rush home from school to watch Mahalia Jackson sing on television as a youngster, released his first gospel-focused album for Christian label Myrrh Records. It was the first of four straight Grammy wins for him in the Best Inspirational Performance category, also named Home Where I Belong.


Concurrently, he saw a comeback in country music with the Number One songs "Whatever Happened to Old-Fashioned Love" and "New Looks From an Old Lover." Thomas was invited to join the Grand Ole Opry in 1981 and joined on his 39th birthday. Although his Opry membership finally expired, he continued to make guest performances on the radio show for the rest of his life.


Thomas scored in the 1980s with the single "Two Car Garage" and two further Top 20 country hits before returning to the Adult Contemporary Top Ten in 1988. He collaborated with Dusty Springfield on the duet "As Long As We've Got Each Other," the theme song from Growing Pains, which he also played alone and with vocalist Jennifer Warnes over several seasons of the long-running sitcom.


Among the highlights was a magnificent rendition of "I Just Can't Help Believing" with Vince Gill, a song Thomas recorded in 1970 and published with the B-side "Send My Picture to Scranton, PA." Elvis Presley would later make “I Just Can't Help Believing” the focus of his Las Vegas shows.


The Living Room Sessions, a 12-track compilation of acoustic interpretations of Thomas's iconic classics, was released by Wrinkled Records in 2013. The album was produced by Kyle Lehning (Randy Travis) and featured guest appearances by Lyle Lovett, Keb' Mo', Etta Britt, and Richard Marx.


The New York Times Magazine mentioned Thomas in 2019 as one of the hundreds of artists whose work was allegedly lost in the 2008 Universal fire. He declared in March 2021 that he had lung cancer and urged that his songs live on with his followers. “I feel so fortunate to have had the chance to record and perform beautiful songs in pop, country, and gospel music, and to share those lovely songs and experiences with millions of people across the world,” Thomas wrote.


Cause of death: lung cancer.

   May 30, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Jason Dupasquier, 19

 Jason Dupasquier, a Swiss Moto3 rider 

 who suffered an accident during qualifying 

 for the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday, 

 died of injuries at the age of 19, according 

 to the World Sprint Championship organizer. 

(7 September 2001 – 30 May 2021) 


Swiss Moto3 racer Jason Dupasquier died on Sunday at the age of 19 after being involved in an accident in qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix on Saturday, according to the World Sprint Championship organizer.

“Despite the efforts of the circuit's medical staff and all those who cared for the Swiss driver at the time, the hospital (Careggi, in Florence, where he had been sent, note) reported that Dupasquier regrettably succumbed to his injuries,” he stated.


Jason Dupasquier had been operated on during the night from Saturday to Sunday. "Thoracic surgery for a vascular lesion," the Careggi hospital in Florence told AFP on Sunday. "Serious brain damage continues. He is still in critical condition and is being treated in intensive care "a hospital spokeswoman stated

The hospital, for its part, acknowledged to AFP that "the procedure for confirming brain death has begun, due to substantial brain injury incompatible with living.


" The hospital told that the young pilot had "undergone chest surgery overnight for a vascular damage." "Serious brain damage, and he (remained) in intensive care in a critical state," a spokeswoman added.


Dupasquier crashed between turns 9 and 10 of the Mugello track in the dying stages of qualifying on Saturday. According to television footage showing just the conclusion of his fall and testimony from the two riders involved, Japanese Ayumu Sasaki and Spaniard Jeremy Alcoba, he was hit by at least one motorbike before slipping motionless down the track.

The Swiss crashed near the exit of Arrabbiata's tight double curve, before being struck by a competitor and remained unconscious on the ground.


After forty minutes of rescuers arriving on the scene, the Swiss "polytrauma and in a terrible state" but "stable" was taken by medical helicopter to the trauma center of the Caregoù hospital. Everything was done to save his life but in vain.

The Mugello paddock has been in sorrow and fear since Saturday and the tragic accident that Jason Dupasquier sustained during the qualifying session for the Moto3 Italian Grand Prix.


This Sunday afternoon, the tragic news broke, confirmed by the MotoGP promoter shortly after the race in his category ended: the young 19-year-old rider died as a result of his injuries.

After 40 minutes of intervention by rescuers who came on the scene immediately, the Swiss "polytrauma and in critical condition" but "stable" was taken by medical helicopter to the trauma center of Careggi hospital.


Jason Dupasquier, the son of motocross rider and Supermoto champion Philippe Dupasquier, made his Supermoto debut before focusing on circuit speed and progressing through all divisions, although missing the 2018 season due to a left femur injury. The N.50 debuted in the World Cup in 2020, sporting the colors of the German team PrüstelGP, which races KTMs. In his debut season, he had no points and was ranked 28th. 


After five events in 2021, he was ranked tenth in the drivers' standings with 27 units. On Sunday, when the races resume at the Mugello circuit, many drivers wore stickers honoring the young Swiss. Before Dupasquier, the last rider to die in a Grand Prix was Spaniard Luis Salom in the 2016 Catalan GP in Moto2.


Son of former motocross rider Philippe Dupasquier, he achieved three Supermoto titles in Switzerland before going on to race on the circuit. After winning the ADAC NEC Moto3 championship in 2016, he progressed to the Junior World Championship and then the Red Bull Rookies Cup, where he finished seventh in 2019.


Arriving in Grand Prix last year, he was racing for the PrüstelGP team, which this morning opted out of partaking in the Mugello race, which also featured the two other drivers involved in yesterday's collision, Ayumu Sasaki and Jeremy Alcoba. Thomas Lüthi, a buddy of Jason Dupasquier's, has also dropped out of Moto2.


Despite a left femur injury that kept him out of the 2018 season, Jason made his debut in Supermoto before focusing on circuit speed and progressing through all divisions. The N.50 debuted in the World Cup in 2020, sporting the colors of the German team PrüstelGP, which races KTMs.


In his debut season, he had no points and was ranked 28th. After five events in 2021, he was ranked tenth in the drivers' standings with 27 units. On Sunday, when the races resume at the Mugello circuit, many drivers wore stickers honoring the young Swiss.
Before Dupasquier, the last rider to die in a Grand Prix was Spaniard Luis Salom in the 2016 Catalan GP in Moto2.


Son of former motocross rider Philippe Dupasquier, he achieved three Supermoto titles in Switzerland before going on to race on the circuit. After winning the ADAC NEC Moto3 championship in 2016, he progressed to the Junior World Championship and then the Red Bull Rookies Cup, where he finished seventh in 2019.


When he arrived at the Grand Prix last year, he was racing for the PrüstelGP team, which this morning opted out of partaking in the Mugello race, which included the two other drivers involved in yesterday's collision, Ayumu Sasaki and Jeremy Alcoba. Jason Dupasquier's pal Thomas Lüthi has also withdrawn from Moto2.


Cause of death: competition crash.

   May 31, 2021 

   NOTABLE  deaths    

Peter Del Monte, 77

 Italian film director and screenwriter 

 who investigated women - Peter Del Monte 

 died in Rome at the age of 77. 

(29 July 1943 – 31 May 2021)


Peter Del Monte died in the Altea clinic in Rome, Italy, after a long illness, according to his family. He was 77 years old.

Del Monte, a naturalized Italian, was born in San Francisco on July 29, 1943, and studied in Rome after graduating in Literature with a thesis on cinematographic aesthetics.


He was a student of the capital's Experimental Center of Cinematography, where he made Fuori Campo in 1969, which was shown at the Cannes Film Festival in the same year. 

After his experience at Rai, where he worked for several years as a film critic, Del Monte made his debut in 1975 with the film 'Irene Irene,' a sophisticated picture concentrating on existential concerns carried through to great effect by superb performances from Alain Cuny and Olimpia Carlisi.


With his second movie, 'The Other Woman,' (1980), he received a Special Mention from the Venice Film Festival jury that same year.  The inquiry of female psychology is at the center of his cinematography. After 5 years of forced inactivity owing to a lack of finance for his projects, he finished "L'altra donna" (1980), a story about an extraordinary bond between a woman and her ebony housemaid. In 1983, he directed 'Piso pisello,' a well-mannered although the perhaps weak story about a youngster who suddenly finds himself in the role of a father. 'Piso pisello' was accepted into the 38th Venice International Film Festival.


Much more popular was the drama film 'Little Fires' (Piccoli fuochi) (1985), which was co-scripted with writer Giovanni Pascutto and was centered on the complicated connection between a toddler and his babysitter, starring Dino Jaksic and Valeria Golino in her first main role.

'Invito al viaggio,' a strange road movie shot in France in 1982, was about an unclear connection between a young guy and his rock singer twin sister. 'Invito al viaggio' premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in 1982.


The Italian drama film 'Julia and Julia' (Giulia e Giulia) (1987), starring Kathleen Turner, Gabriel Byrne, and Sting, was an odd experiment in the use of high-definition cameras, but it was quite poor in terms of story. 'Ballet (Etoile) (1988), starring Jennifer Connelly and Gary McCleery, was similarly lacking in focus. It was a gothic, mystery-like thriller shot in a gloomy and moody Budapest.


The interconnected mini-stories in the Italian romance-drama film "Tracce di life amorosa" (1990) are dominated by a sense of meaninglessness and irresolution. Instead, one of the director's greatest films is the delicate "Travelling Companion" (Compagna di viaggio) (1996), which chronicles an extraordinary bond between an older man and a young lady. It was exhibited in the Un Certain Regard section of the 1996 Cannes Film Festival, where Asia Argento received the 1997 David di Donatello Award for Best Actress for her performance.


The succeeding 'La ballata del lavavetri'- 'The Ballad of the Windshield Washers' (1998) returns to the realms of sterile and muddled allegory, as has become all too often in this cinematographer's works.


Peter Del Monte's most recent film, 'Nobody combs me as well as wind,' was released in 2014 and starred Laura Morante. He was linked to actress Valeria Golino in the 1980s. He had recently moved from Monteverde to Santa Marinella.


Cause of death: unknown (long illness).

Colin Appleton, 85

 Colin Appleton, Leicester City's 

 first Cup-winning captain, former 

 Hull City manager, and Scarborough 

 FC icon, has died at the age of 85. 

(7 March 1936 – 31 May 2021)


Colin Appleton (born Colin Harry Appleton), a former English soccer player and manager, died at the age of 85, according to his family. Appleton, who was born in Scarborough, began his soccer career as a center-half or full-back with his local club before moving on to have a brilliant playing career with Leicester City.


Colin came in Leicester at the age of 17 and signed professional agreements when he was 18. He could only train at Filbert Street on Tuesday and Thursday nights since he was still in the middle of his woodworking apprenticeship. On September 4, 1954, he made his debut in the old First Division against Manchester City. He completed his apprenticeship at the age of 21 and subsequently enlisted in the Army for National Service.


He was supposed to report to the Derbyshire Regiment, but due to his soccer skills, he was shifted to the Royal Leicesters at Glen Parva Barracks. Howard Riley, a Leicester City teammate, was also present. Colin was called up on Monday, and by Thursday, he was on his way to Singapore to play for the Army with John White and Bobby Charlton.


He captained the Foxes' famed 'Ice Kings' team in 1963 and played in two FA Cup finals and two League Cup finals during his 12-year stint at Filbert Street between 1954 and 1966, totaling 277 appearances for the East Midlands club. He guided the team to its first major honor in 1964, when they won the League Cup final, and he did get his hands on a trophy that year - the team's first trophy in its history.


Appleton developed under Matt Gillies' supervision in the first genuine great era at Filbert Street, despite being limited in his appearances due to national service. From the start of the 1959-60 season until the end of the next five seasons, Appleton missed just eight league matches, establishing a strong half-back line with Frank McLintock and Ian King.


During that time, City faced Spurs in the 1961 FA Cup final, participated in their first European campaign, and, with Appleton as captain, fought for the double in 1963 before falling short in the First Division and in the FA Cup final against Manchester United. In 1961, he was picked on the FA Tour of New Zealand and the Far East, alongside players such as Bobby Moore and Tom Finney.


Later the same year, he was part of the first Leicester City team to participate in Europe, when they faced Glenavon and Atlético Madrid in the old European Cup Winners' Cup. Appleton led City to their first national title in 1964, when they defeated Stoke 4-3 on aggregate. He subsequently scored in the first leg of the next year's final as City attempted to retain the championship, but ultimately fell short 3-2 on aggregate against Chelsea.


He was given a testimonial in 1964 for his efforts and devotion to City before departing in 1966 to join Charlton. He is still one of the club's top 20 all-time appearance makers. After leaving Leicester, Appleton went on to play for Charlton Athletic and be player-manager at Barrow before returning to Scarborough in 1969, initially as player-boss, and leading the club to a record three FA Trophy victories at Wembley during a long and successful period with the club during the 1970s.


Appleton then played for Charlton Athletic and was player-manager at Barrow before returning to Scarborough in 1969, first as player-boss, and leading the team to a record three FA Trophy victories at Wembley during a lengthy and successful stint with the club during the 1970s.


Colin was a serious and contemplative man who had a strong interest in coaching, as seen by his meticulously preserved handwritten notebooks. He even had a Russian-language coaching guidebook since it included excellent diagrams.
Colin's understanding of and passion for coaching served him well as a captain and subsequently as a manager.


Appleton was lured away from Hull City by Swansea City, however, he only won four of his 18 games in command of the Swans and was fired after only six months in command. Appleton went on to manage Exeter City for two years before making a brief and unsuccessful return to Hull City before finally quitting from the game.


At Hull, he had failed to gain the respect of his players, and the 'big personalities at the club made jokes about him, while the team sank to the bottom of the Second Division.


Following the completion of the 1983-84 season, Appleton moved to Swansea City and then managed Exeter City before returning to East Yorkshire for a brief second spell in command at Boothferry Park with Hull towards the end of the decade.
He would also manage Bridlington Town in the non-league.


Cause of death: unknown.

Website Navigation
Check out our youtube channel: